Saturday, September 5, 2009

HOW FAR WILL YOU GO?


I just read an article by Reinhard Bonnke that spoke of the first mission field mentioned by Jesus after Judea in Acts chapters 1 & 8. Rev. Bonnke spake about how not one disciple who originally heard Christ's Great Commission went, but instead hung around the temple in Jerusalem for about 20 years. ~





When I read this I thought, my, my, an entire generation sit there in a lump going no where, and doing nothing to get the gospel farther than their own front doors.

I understand the mission field enough to know that missions begins at home. However, I have to ask this, "should it stay there, and never go farther?" "Should our bread not be broken to be spread abroad?"


Why is it that more do not go? Is it fear? Selfishness? Poverty mentalities? Lack of knowledge? Little or no faith?

I don't have all the answers. All I know is that more should be going. The fields are white and the labors are few.

Maybe you are not prepared enough to be sent to foreign soil, but what about hospitals, inner cities, widows homes, prisons, or orphanages? Each of us need to begin somewhere. Why not take the first step outside of your home and see just how far the Holy Spirit will lead you?

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them:
"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."