Monday, September 7, 2009

Before we Speak or Act


I remember a year of my life as a minister that every time I would go to prayer, I would hear the word balance. So that entire year, I worked on getting my life balanced and teaching balance to those who seat under my ministry.


Balance can be: A means of judging or deciding

Judging or deciding what? This judging and deciding is not judging others or making decisions for them. It is learning to judge and decided everything we say and do before we open our mouths or act.

Jesus said in John 8:28 … “When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 8:29
“And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.”

Then Paul spoke to us in Eph. 4:29 saying, to let no corrupt communication proceed out of our mouths, but rather speak that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” Thus we should judge and decided before we say or do.

Another definition for balance is: Stability produced by equal distribution. Therefore, we also need to learn to rightly distribute when it comes to communication and acting.


Isa 50:4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:


Eccl.3:2-8 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


We must learn how to speak right, act right, and handle affairs of life right. The only way we can do this is with the direction of God’s written word, and the leading of the Holy Spirit.

When we learn how to speak, getting our timing right and follow with correct actions. Not only will we become more steady, but we will be better equipped to help others along the way.