Friday, September 17, 2010

A Serene Kind of Day


*Serene defines as: Clear, Free, Light, steady and quite.

Today has been a serene kind of day ... by choice.


Our lives like vapors seem to be here one minute and gone the next. Lives are to be lived in the now; lived being good, doing good, and receiving good. ~James 4:14

Life is filled with choices.

Choices produce outcomes. You can not choose what another person thinks, says or does, but you can choose what you think, say and do, because you are a free will agent. One that can choose peace.

Peace that passes understanding. Peace that can be given to others and drawn again to oneself. Peace that bruises the enemy underfoot.
  • Phil 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
  • Mt. 10:13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.
  • Ro. 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

1Th 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Message says: "....put you together spirit, soul and body. "

If you feel that you are falling apart ... seek peace and pursue it. Call on the God who causes wars to cease. ~Psalms 46

  • Be still.
  • Still yourself.
  • Quite yourself like a weaned child.
  • Rest.
  • Phil. 4:6 be careful for nothing ... pray.
  • Phil. 4:8 think right ... meditate.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
  • Phil. 4:9 act on truth.
Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

  • Ps. 131:2 shhhh.
I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
  • Mt. 11:28-31 (message) recover your life.
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Go on, learn of Him and His ways ... and have this serene kind of life that is being offered to you.
  • Choose life.
  • Choose blessing.
  • Choose peace.